Ronald J. Lynam
- Ronnie has practised in Dun Laoghaire all his working life.
- He set up in 1981 under the title RJ Lynam & Co Solicitors before amalgamating with Partners at Law in 1993.
- Ronnie commands one of the most substantial criminal law practices in the Republic of Ireland.
- He has held a post as academic lecturer in the LSI School of Law.
- He handles all matters arising in the Dun Laoghaire District Court and has led some of Ireland’s leading criminal law cases including:
- “C” -v- Ireland & ors. This case went to the Supreme Court and successfully challenged the constitutionality of sect 1(1) of the Criminal Law (Amendment) Act 1935
- “A” -v- Ireland &ors. This case followed immediately after the “C” case. The High Court here held that the conviction and sentence of A could not be upheld because of the decision of the “C” case. The Supreme Court controversially reversed this decision. Both these cases were the cause of legislation and almost brought about the downfall of a government.
- The Intoxilizer Cases. This was a series of cases taken together and brought before the Supreme Court. Ronnie was successful in challenging the inappropriate use of Garda powers of arrest, detention and questioning.
- Ronnie’s expertise has been recognised by national radio, television and the printed media for his comment on road traffic and criminal law from time to time.
Ronnie’s areas of expertise include road traffic offences, crime, personal injury, licensing applications and consumer law.
Ronnie's Team: (l-r) Susan, Sheila, Ronnie, Jacinta & Karen